Thursday 7 April 2011

Adventures in hat making: Edwardian hat, part 10, progress report











Recently this Edwardian hat dated to 1912-1915 was for sale on Ebay. It is a little bit later than the period that I am aiming for. Which is 1909, but it has the same style of underbrim as my hat. And to my great relieve the date is not that far off. ;-)



Next step is (hand)sewing the satin ribbon the the side of the brim. And sewing the top of the hat to the brim. Both will have to be done by my husband, who has more strength in his hands then I do. Althoug I know that I am very lucky that he is kind enough to do it for me. I don't like having to depend on someone else, because I would like to finish this project as soon as possible. And now I have to wait, patiently, until he has the time. After he's done the best part of making a hat can begin; decorating!

No comments: